Monday, April 20, 2009

Proud to be a G

So I had a miserable weekend. And as anticipated, the moment the final whistle blows, unwelcome text messages poured in from rival fans. Their intention was of course, to pile in more misery and nothing more.

This season alone I’ve lost count of the heartache I had to endure. If witnessing your team came out second best isn’t excruciating enough, you have asshole friends who are more than happy to stab a few more daggers up your already wounded heart.

Still, I’m proud to be a G.

But unlike always when I took every defeat in stride like real man usually does, this time I decided to try the method that chics normally go for when sorrow comes a knocking- shopping.

That’s right, Gs.

When you can’t think straight, you go have a ball and do something as therapeutic as shopping for clothes. After all Gunther, ehem…closets are meant for just that, clothes!

Kahkahhh

Get it? Get it?

God I am so proud to be a G.

The G by the way, stands for Guy- forget about designer labels and Hawaiian shirt, I splashed a good hundred on a very manly (ehem ehem) imported black T with a Rancid-Let’s Go design proudly emblazoned across it.

And of course, G also stands for the Gunners.

I’m a Gooner through and through, and I am so Goddamn proud of that!
.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I know how you feel ... especially after that blasted penalty loss last night to Everton by my boys .. **wwwaaaiiiilllllll**

Unknown said...

Look imagine me waiting for the match and suddenly saw Sir Fergie fielding so many new players. I know you have to blood new players but in a semi-final match?
But then that's the name of the game. You win some and you lose some.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

akka,

tell me about it. the pain in defeat can be unbearable at times. i'm throwing in the towel of lifting any cups this season. sigh...


cikgu,

yea, it caught my dad by surprise too. even the pundits changed their prediction when the team news was announced.

anfield devotee said...

Er . . . aren't you still in europe?!!?

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

bala,

too good to be true la wei. dengan chelscum pun sangkut, susah la. the FA cup was our best bet to land a silverware this season. now i am more sceptical than ever.

Anba said...

Kaerp: dont throw the towel yet bro...me understands how you feel...
Fellow G Man... me thinkin is
win or lose always give em Hell bro...
so nxt time they now what they'll go thru rite bro...
ciao

Pi Bani said...

Ahh, a string of Gs I see. But no G-strings, I hope... ;)

Unknown said...

Kerpie: update G-strings are out of fashion there's C-strings now ehehehhe ... check mail :)

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

Anba,

really cant hide my frustration la bro. but thanks for the reminder. my scepticism has deflated a little since saturday.


Kak Pi,

No G-strings akak. Just boxers...hehehe...


akka,

C-string? Cunt-string? kihkihh...ok will check it out in a bit.

cakapaje said...

Salam kerpie,

Can we have it any other way? (Don't think so).

jaflam said...

Hai Kerp,
U make me feel guilty for not seeing enough of Everton and Liverpool games while staying in Merseyside!

Then that was typical of G, focussing on different things all the times. Guys always have reasons for everything hehee.

jaflam said...

Hai Kerp,
U make me feel guilty for not seeing enough of Everton and Liverpool games while staying in Merseyside!

Then that was typical of G, focussing on different things all the times. Guys always have reasons for everything hehee.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

shah,

not sure which part you meant? the Gay part? muahahaha...


dato J,

thank God for that dato...because the only team that matters come from north london- ARSENAL! hehhehe...

and you got that right about G, losing focus all the time. fully concourred!

mozHASturnedINTOaMartian said...

YO G, 'sssupppp?


*cough!cough*COUGH*COUGH*

arghheemmmm..ahem..ahemm

did i hear or rather see..somethin about north london being mentioned ..

YO g-FUNKA,

COOOYYYSSSSS!!!!!!
rotten till the deepest yu bore;
with worms in the core;
YID FOR LIFE :)))

mwhahhahahhaa. nice one mate.

appreciatively,
moz.

p.s. me three can't wait for the damn season to farkin end..its takin its toll...

Tinesh said...

Sup G? You guys "kena belasah" against Liverpool last nite. Fuckers were on a Goddamn roll man.

Aku sedey cuz no more quintuplets. Now my only hope for one is someone I know to have quintuplets. Can ar can ar?

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

Mozz man,

muahahhaha...wei, dont perasan la dei. only one part of north london that is clearly visible in the world map. you can find the other half at the bottom half.


Tman,

i was thankful their G wasnt available for the night. he could change completely the course of the game.

you saw Arshavin? for 15mil, his performance made it look like it was a steal from Wenger.