Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Gimp

Right, let’s move on then.

Now days I’ve been reading less and less. Not that I read much anyway. Cant even remember the last time I bought a book. And being a non-avid reader, parting ways with at least 50 bucks for a book isnt a fun thing to do, considering my small income.

So anyway, there was this book I wanted so much titled GIMP, an autobiography by Mark Zupan, priced at RM99. the thing is, if I were to get a book, my preference has always been autobiography, by (in)famous and not so famous people around the world.

Ok, not exactly biography of Nelson Mandela like that. That’s way too heavy and serious for me man. maybe I should get one of our local celebrity’s, if there was any. Do they? Of, say…Jalil Hamid?

So about the book, being sweet and charming she is, my Pinky went to Borders anyway and bought it.

Like me, Mark Zupan is a quad. Only that he earns much more. He went to college and graduated and now a trained engineer while I’m still here contemplating about enrolling on some foreign language courses or not.

Zupan is one tough dude. He has set a benchmark for other quads around the world to emulate his ability in doing things that looks almost impossible from the naked eyes. He defied the odds by climbing rocks, sky diving and even golfing. And he’s the star player representing The US in wheelchair-rugby@quad rugby@murderball. The first time I saw this guy was from Jackass II The Movie, where he was seen doing stunt by riding a rocket-powered wheelchair. So you know this guy is the over-the-edge type and I cant think of anyone on wheels as cool as Mark, besides myself that is.

In GIMP, it was also revealed tough times for Mark recuperating from a life-changing experience. Its no easy task, I promise you. From being a “normal” guy who plays sports and have chicks going down on you, then to lose it in a matter of split second, you are in for a torrid ride ahead. And worse if you are emotionally involved with a girl. Getting ditched is imminent. Like-wise, losing friends is inevitable. Heartbreak after heartbreak is a certainty. Now where do we go from there?

Move on. Simple as that. When you are down, the only way is up. Either that or death. There are, in certain cases, those who prefer to stay down as they believe miracle will happen and that God will make them walk again waking up one morning.

Tough luck.

I used to believe in such myth too. Or at least forcing myself to believe such miracles do happen. But heck NO. Based on personal accounts, sitting on your laurels wont get you anywhere. Not in a million years. Unless you have like a billion bucks in the bank.

So I always tell my able-bodied pals that I may be trailing them but I’m moving and that’s what counts. So moving on is the obvious answer

And hey, trust me, there are girls who does not mind your crippledness out there. Its the inner beauty lies within you that these sweeties are capable of seeing through. The numbers may be small but that also makes them unique and a turn-on. I tell you, wheelchairs are pussy-magnet too. No cool-rides and lame pick-up lines needed.

So really, quad buddies, maybe we should read more than just heart-breaking news in the papers. At least get a spinal injury related books and you’ll be amazed how much this second chance of life can offer and provide a lot of wonders. From these books one can even learn ways to a girl’s heart. And pussy. Its yours for the taking.

I’ve taken mine.




Sweet pinky

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's ur sweetie? sweet~

Salt N Turmeric said...

kerp, is tht ur gf? manis orangnya! ;)

Accia said...

salam kerp,
she is sweeeet, shukur alhamdulillah!

cakapaje said...

I'm being a parrot here: Your sweetie?

Now, from the heart: Alhamdulillah, may Allah s.w.t. bless you and her to the nikah zone, and that both of you are paired in the eternal life.

As for Mark Zupan, insyAllah, I will get his book. He something like the Marathon Man, except, he may be more gifted. Thanks.

Pi Bani said...

Woo hoo! Tayang girlfriend nampak?! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Kerp,

At last, ada org nak tunjuk gambar mak we dia.

She has a sweet heart too,alhamdulillah!

Take care.

Akak mystery

Anonymous said...

dah lama tak jumpa your sweet pinky. will she be around during raya? i'll let you know in advance when im coming over then suruh dia datang the same time jugak k...???

regards to her.....

-Dee-

Mat Salo said...

Cool Man, this Mark Zupan dude. And so are you - you're pretty cool too...

Take care man, important thing is to keep on' truckin'...err.. moving.

Never thought of wheelchairs as "pussy magnets". Damn, and I thought two-door sports coupe (red and convertible, preferably) turns 'em on...

"Minal Aidin Wal Faizin - Mohon Ma'af Lahir & Bathin"

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

Benny, Farina and kak E,

Aww, thanks ladies. You guys are such candy too.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

Bro shah,

I’m thanking you, minus the candy and sweet of course. Hahha…

Zupan was just an ordinary college guy before he broke his spine. now tho, he wldnt trade anything that he is now for anything under the sun. in Gimp, if you ever read it, you’ll learn at least a thing or two about spinal injury. Good reading, no less. And this coming from a non-avid reader.

Pasal nak menikah tu susah sikit bro but insyaAllah ada jodoh tak ke mana.

Kak Pi,

Eh bukan menayang lar, hanya memperkenalkan je. Hihi…

Kak mystery,

Yes, in a way this one’s for ya. Initially I only had the gimp photo uploaded but remembered you were asking about her, and so I got it posted for your viewing. Actually I cld hv sent it to you, only you didn’t ask for it. hihi…so nice to hear frm you again akak.

Dee,

maybe she would, towards the evening. I have something up my sleeve, hopefully she’ll agree to it. you and fam can come anytime la sis. And I and your abg din can have a chat or two…

bro MS,

if I didn’t move on I’d never get to meet great people like you man. there’s just an awful lot of positive aura in you that made me glad to have known you, a fella stuck in a swamp.. kind of a motivational factor, which equally plays its part in getting not just me, but friends moving. U da man, Mat Salo.

My home-use wheelchair is called the quickie. How not for girls to be turned on?

Unknown said...

Kerp...Soooo...that's the Banting girl yang telah menambat hati Kerp ehhhhh... memang patut tertambat pun...manis orangnya...sejuk mata memandang...jaga dia elok-elok eh?

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

kak delilah,

a little correction. she's a shah alam lass. but her late gramps were the real deal banting originals.

i will take care of her, alright. so if we ever to meet, i'm tagging her along. afterall, someone have to drive me.

thanks kak D.

Bailey said...

haa...itu la girlnya. =)

jaga dia baik2.

bile nak kawin? hikhik

Unknown said...

The moral of the story is you better set your children with a few billion each before signing off.
Now the slightly difficult part is where to get the billions? Nope I am not a gomen man so no gomen contracts or commissions for me.
I think I'll ask my buddy Bill Gates.

tokasid said...

Salam bro kerp:

Yes, I always like stories about ppl who are considered 'underdogs'but their burning spirits doesn't let them down.OKU might be considered un-normal but OKUs are like others so-called normal ppl.Some are even bettre than normal ppl.
You for example, I believe is one strong dude bro.

Alhamdulillah you showed us your sweetie.

InsyaALLAH after Raya I'll find out what your options are. In the meantime you hang on( well you've done that for almost a decade right?

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

Bailey,

Yo sis, hows it going there. nak kawin tu susah skit la. But hopefully it will materialized eventually. I want to get married but not gonna rebuild a castle from the drawing board. Penat dah.

Cikgu,

I used to have a plan on how to get a million bucks. Don’t need to go as far as bill. Write a letter to either the sultan of Brunei or the raja muda of perak to hand over the said amount. I mean hey, if my disability helps, I’m game man. anything for a million ringgit. To rich bastards, RM1mil isn’t much and considerable. So all depends on luck.

Doc,

Thanks doc. I have to be strong, and cant see any other option to it. such book gives that extra motivational edge to at least get on the chair and push as hard and get the steam out.

Yes, I’ve hung on to as long as I can remember, so what is there a few weeks times. different opinion, especially from wise and intelligent people is definitely a welcome. Thanks again, doc.

Bailey said...

Insya Allah, God helps on good things. have faith. insya allah one day you will get married.

Mior Azhar said...

Bro,

Now I have to go to Borders and buy this book. And I'm sure your story (like mamat Zupan nih)is equally inspiring too.
And woo hoo, nona itu manis sekali. Best wishes.

Daphne Ling said...

Hey Danny,

Awww...So sweet is Pinky...Looks and hati...

I've done the tag adi by the way...See you round Kerpie!

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

bailey,

yes insyaAllah. moga2 masin lah mulut awak..hihi. thanks there. ur such a candy u know that?

bang mior,

like i said to bro cakapaje, u'll learn a lot abt spinal injury if u read this book. so, it is kinda good reading too.

anyway i dont even come close to zupan, but thanks bg mior. i am so motivated now. thanks brother.

D,

can i apologise to u here? hahha...thanks. yes, thats pinky, but ur the only few knows her real name. not thhat i'm trying to be secretive but by revealing her name, ppl will hv more questions to ask than to actually hv known her name..haha

thnks babe.

Anonymous said...

You wrote:
...So you know this guy is the over-the-edge type and I cant think of anyone on wheels as cool as Mark, besides myself that is...

I say:
Kerp, you are spot-on. To me you are one cool dude.

You claimed you don't read yet I can relate to your writings as if I have known you for a long, long time.

Yet we have little in common. You are young, I am old. You like to talk about 'chicks as if you are going to score' but I find them distracting!

I am one old man rejuvenated by your Blog. If this is 'not cool', I don't know what you young man meant by 'cool'!

I hope your gf excuse you for pasting her photo in the same entry where you talked about 'scoring'! Count your blessings, mannnnn...

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

brother botak,

aiseh, been a while hasn’t it?

from all the things mark has achieved, it will take me forever to come even close to him. its true. I’m just another wanna-be, trying hard to look cool and stuff.

So anyway, yes, my girlfriend consented on having her pic displayed for the whole world to see, and I guess from my writings, I doubt anyone would take me seriously la. There was one posting I said I had a walther semiautomatic in my waist pouch, would anyone believe that? They better do…hahha…

Always nice to see u here sir. And sure hope u r very much in good health.

Anonymous said...

You lucky dog! She's a cutie, kerp. As cute as her nick, Pinky. :D

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

Mekyam dearest!

thanks sister. but i'm such a lucky B too, and flattered to have Mekyam the globe-trekker, who has been to places, to read my crappy blog.

how not to feel honoured like that, u tell me!